Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Wide Open Wonder

I've just been reflecting on my life a bit, and wow I think my life is really extraordinary! It's amazing, I mean I am such an ordinary person. I don't think you could get any more ordinary than me. I have a nice family, go to a nice school, have a nice home... my life is just the most ordinary life ever! I remember when I was in primary school, I kept wishing something exciting would happen, I couldn't stand how ordinary my life was...

But wow.. Once this EXTRAordinary God came into my life.. everything is just way BEYOND the ordinary! everything is just so exciting. I guess you could say that everything's changed, everything's different now. Each morning I wake up and I just have this happy feeling inside of me. really! I know many people just say that, but it's really really true for me. I'm happy because my life has changed so much. I don't ever want to start taking things for granted.. So I make sure I never forget how things were like BEFORE I came to church, before I got to know God. It really was such a boring such a meaningless life. Watching tv everyday and just about wasting my time away.

Today I had the song FREE stuck in my head. I used to love that song so much! The lyrics were just so meaningful to me.

would you believe me if I said
that we are the ones who can make the change
in the world today
would you believe me if I said
that all of your dreams in your heart
can come true today
would you believe me if I said
that life could be all that you want it to be today

I guess what I think of when I hear these lyrics is FAITH. really, the whole song is about faith. Do you believe or do you not? That all your dreams could come true? That GOD can make your life all that you want it to be.

Well, I do. I know that this extraordinary God in my life can lift me up higher than I could possibly dream...

God is just so amazing... I'm the kind of person who gets sick of things easily. When I was young I would play with new toys for a week or so and then get sick of them. (which is why my house is so full of rubbish collecting dust. lol). But this God of mine. He's no toy or fad that I get into for a week and then forget about. Everyday I find out more and more about Him. And I find out that there's more and more I don't know about Him!

Even till eternity,

You still captivate me, fascinate me
You still captivate me, saturate me
- Inside Outside by delirious?