One thing I've learnt over the months,
One of the most fufilling feelings to have is to be able to keep giving, yet not taking anything back in return. :)
Sometimes I see people in school doing 101 things at the same time, trying to fill their live's schedules with cca, musicals, leaderships roles etc etc. The busier they are, the happier and more accomplished they feel.
Thinking about it, I don't really understand why. Are these accomplishments all that great?
10 years down the road.. is someone going to come up to you and say "Hey, I remember you, you starred in your school musical!"
20 years down the road.. is your boss going to say "Oh, you were the top leader of NCC 20 years ago, the job is yours!"
90 years down the road.. at the gates of heaven, is God going to say "Well done my child, you've starred as the leading role in 3 school productions and was the president of 4 CCAs. Here is your reward!"
Nothing wrong with getting involved in school.. it's great and all.. gives you good experience..
But I choose to invest in something more lasting, something that will never fade away, something that will be around for eternity.
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Posted by
Jiayi
at
8:40 PM