Merry Christmas :)
Wow! It's christmas once again! Sometimes I'm just amazed at how time flies by oh so quickly every year.
Well I wrote quite a few christmas cards this year (actually, I'm still writing a few!), and I've also received many! :)
And more than once did a smile come to my face as I wrote/read a christmas card.
Last night yo sleptover at my place, we were supposed to write christmas cards, but she fell asleep at her 3rd! (out of 30 I might add :P) Well as I continued late into the night (it was already 3+am), these feelings of contentment and unexplainable happiness just filled me!
I'm thinking, wow, I've really been through a lot with these people. And I feel such a great, genuine, indescribable love for them. And I start to think, wow, I have a whole eternity to go with all these spiritual brothers and sisters of mine! Sometimes in school, we make close friends, but we know that these friends may not last, because after we graduate from school, move on to another phase in life, drifting apart is just inevitable despite all efforts to maintain contact. However, I know that I have one bunch of 'buddies' who are going to be with me ALL the way, not just in this lifetime, but literally FOREVER!
As Dominic was saying just last sunday, this is truly one of the greatest 'band of brothers' that ever existed.
These are the people who would run alongside each other in this relay race known as life. These are the people who are at the front lines of a spiritual war, fighting alongside one another, watching out for each others backs. These are the people who will throw themselves into the path of a bullet just to save each others' lives. These are the people who would gladly lay down their lives for each other, no matter what the sacrifice.
This is the HEART OF GOD CHURCH band of brothers.
See you at the end of the race!
Monday, December 25, 2006
Posted by
Jiayi
at
2:49 AM