A few days ago, one of my friends turned up in school looking tearful and utterly devastated. For a moment, I thought maybe she was just stressed out by the huge workload just like everybody else. However, I soon realised that the day before had been the day she had been dreading for months - the day her boyfriend enlists into NS.
So her boyfriend had just gone for BMT and would be missing for 2 weeks... and now she's a wreck, crying practically the whole day, carrying around with her in school this photo album filled with photos of the two of them. The moment anyone asked her what was wrong or flipped through the photo album, tears came into her eyes and I'd have to put an arm around her and console her.
Deep down inside, I was thinking to myself... I will never break down over such a thing as this! I mean, I certainly hope I'd never be that emotionally dependent on a fellow human being. It's strange, that someone my age could be breaking down over something that seems so trivial to me, and at the same time, my concerns lie in things that are a thousand times more important than a boyfriend going to NS...
Recently though, I think I am starting to understand why she feels so torn apart. If you've ever had something so dear to you torn away suddenly, it does hurt. It hurts excruciatingly and though you try to be strong, try to tell yourself that everything will be okay, deep down inside it feels as if someone has literally torn you apart.
But despite everything, no matter what, the cry of my heart will always be... Your will above all else.
And there isn't a doubt in my heart that I am being taken care of every second of my life.
Friday, April 13, 2007
Posted by
Jiayi
at
10:31 PM