Sunday, June 17, 2007

Okay so this is jiayi blogging again and not some strange monkeys on a sugar high. haha.

Sigh stupid monkeys... destroyed the deep and reflective atmosphere in my blog! Hahahaha. But they ARE funny and laughter is the best medicine =)

Speaking of funny, the funniest thing just happened. For the past month I couldn't see my tagboard on my computer, and I thought everyone else couldn't see it too. HAHA. So I thought nobody read my blog since I usually update so little. And then today I came online and suddenly could see my tag board again. And my first reaction was like "YAY! it works again!" and then my second reaction went "EH! how come so many people tag in one day!" and a few seconds later I realised some of the tags were from more than a month ago -.- The last tag I saw was on 12th May by ADELYN. haha! So yea I usually reply tags just that I haven't been seeing the tags for a month.. aha I feel so loved to have so many tags to read. lol.

I miss all of you too! Will see you guys soon k (: time will slip by faster than we think! It always does.

So anyway, I'm quite surprised that I'm posting so much nowadays. I guess my mind is looking for distractions from studying. :/ So I have decided that this shall be my last post before exams end. Which isn't that long actually since all my papers are squeezed into one week.. which is like.. NEXT WEEK! yikes. haha. At least it'll be over fast. So to all the jc students mugging for mid years, jia you! study hard!

And for my last post before exams, I'm going to blog about something very relavent to almost everyone. And it's on... being EMO! haha. I realise that at this age, typical teenagers are all so angsty and emo. And what's my stand on this? SAY NO TO EMO! haha. Emo-ing is very bad. I admit, I am a normal teenager and I do have a tendency to emo once in awhile, especially when it's late at night and I start letting my mind wander and think about things.

However, a really special person once told me "Don't be emotions-led, but be WILL-led". I guess sometimes it's really easy to just let our emotions take control of us. I mean when bad things happen, who would blame us from being depressed for awhile? Yeah, we do have every right to despair and be moody. But seriously, what good comes out of being 'emo'? I think it takes true courage for someone to say "Hey, I feel like crap and I wish life would just give me a break, but all the same, I refuse to wallow in self-pity. I'm going to rise up above my problems and overcome them right here, right now". It takes true courage to pick oneself up after a bad fall.

And you know what's the best part of it all? Whenever we fall, there will always be that ever present Helping Hand to pull us to our feet.

So, won't you join me in the Say No to Emo campaign? :) I shall even give out some practical tips!

3 ways to avoid being emo when you're on the verge of breaking down:

  1. Put on some happy music. A nice faith filled praise and worship song usually does the trick for me :) the worst thing you could do when you're down and out is to listen to sentimental love songs. Don't be surprised if you feel suicidal should you do that!

  2. Talk to a close friend, someone whom you know will provide a good listening ear, and more importantly, good advice. Sometimes, it's nice to have a nice long moan and complain together with your friends, but... not too often! If not you'll find yourself forever depressed!

  3. Keep your mind occupied. As the saying goes, "An idle mind is a devil's workshop". It's always better if you're so busy that you don't have time to emo! There's loads to do. catch up with friends. catch up on homework. throw yourself into studying! :)

Well I'm too lazy to think of more things. But those 3 ways are what works for me :) When all else fails, well, there's always God you can turn to. =)

Edit on 18 June:
Haha I said I wouldn't post anymore till exams end, but just wanted to add on to this post. hahaa. Never said I wouldn't edit my posts! ;)

Stayed at home to study today and some thoughts just came to my mind. Emo-ing really makes us feel like crap but all the same, we are humans and we are bound to break sometimes. A friend of mine once told me that she is a closet-emo person. haha. I guess I'm like that sometimes. Meaning I tell everyone to say no to emo blah blah blah, but there are times where I do feel down and depressed. And that's human. It's easy to say STOP EMO-ING, but it's ten times harder to actually do it.

But that's the beauty of life isn't it? That's the bittersweet taste of life I always talk about. Those who know me well enough to actually see me emo now and then also know that I never stay like that for long. And that's because I've met a special Someone who heals my brokeness and cleans my wounds. And that person is Jesus Christ. Pslam 34 says taste and see that the Lord is good. Truly, the presence of God is the sweetest thing I've ever tasted :)

And now I shall go take another shot at understanding ionic equilibria =) cya when the exams end.