Watching people makes one of the most interesting hobbies! Especially in a school like ACS(I).
I must say, this school is really unique and unlike any other school.
It's so elitist that it almost (and sometimes does) deserves its label of "snob school" and it can be slightly irritating at times. I'm sure almost everyone, including its own student population would agree that it is at least somewhat elitist. But at the same time, those that belong in the school, especially the boys who have been here for some 6 years, love the school so much that it's actually quite enduring.
I guess it is the school spirit and the way they are all proud to say "I am from acs(i)!" and the way they all get so fiercely defensive whenever someone says even the slightest negative thing about the school.
It's funny the way everyone complains about the lousy system, the huge work load, the teachers that don't teach - but the next moment they start proclaiming their love and loyalty for AC and cheering their lungs out at some rugby final in an ulu stadium in chua chu kang.
Hmm, it's nice to have a sense of belonging and identity huh? But then - that's what everyone's always looking for right? To belong and to be accepted. To have a certain pride in saying "I come from this school/background/organization/country".
Humans are such interesting beings! If only everyone knew that they needn't go searching all over for love and a sense of belonging... that can be found just a prayer away.
AC has given me a whole new perspective on life and people... I'm thankful for my AC experience and I must say, this school isn't that bad after all.
Friday, July 20, 2007
Posted by
Jiayi
at
1:16 AM