The strangest thing happened in school today.
I went to school to study as usual, and today was the last day of school for all the other levels. And we actually witnessed the year 5s moving up to the 5th floor i.e. the year 6 classes. I guess it's expected seeing how it's the last day of school and everything.
What I didn't expect was all the emotions that came watching the year 5s go into our (former) level/classrooms. I think even the most anti-acs of us felt a sense of being trespassed... it was kind of like "HEY what are these year 5s doing on OUR level! Those are OUR classrooms!!!"
And then Prisca's bio teacher told us they were going to break all our locks if we don't empty our lockers by today. I suspect he was joking since nobody gave us any prior warning, but not wanting to risk losing all the stuff in our lockers we hurriedly went up to claim our things. It was the saddest thing, removing our locks from our lockers of 2 years... kind of had a sense of finality, like we were really leaving for good.
Now our classrooms and lockers don't belong to us anymore. Some of us actually felt kind of 'homeless'! I guess it's cause we've been using these classrooms and lockers for two whole years...coming here for class almost everyday such that they're almost like our 2nd homes, and now to be finally leaving forever. It IS kinda sad. And it's like we don't really have a place in this school anymore haha.
The strangest feeling was when we went up to get our stuff, we were surrounded by all these years 5s instead of the old familiar faces. I was like, "let's get out of here". Heh :/
Nothing against the year 5s... but I guess they are just so different from our cohort. Hm but then, I guess no two cohorts will ever be the same. In any case, I'm glad to be in the pioneer batch, despite the many short comings (such as messed up chem IAs!).
I never thought I would feel much emotion towards this school, I mean compared to the boys who have been here for 6 - 12 years. But I do feel nostalgic and kinda sad. And it's really unlike me to post such an 'emo' post about such things... guess it must be the EXAM BLUES!
1 WEEK TO GO!
Friday, October 26, 2007
Posted by
Jiayi
at
8:56 PM