Today I went to school in the morning to study, and as I was walking from the bus stop I heard the distinct ring of the fire alarm. My first thought was that someone accidentally tripped the alarm again, something that must have happened at least 3 times already this year. Imagine my surprise when I saw a whole procession of teachers walking out in a line, lead by Dr Ong! I must say, it was really a very funny sight and one that I won't forget for awhile.
Mr Chia saw me and gave me the usual shocked look, and then gestured in a way that he thought I should go to the field where the fire drill was taking place, but not wanting to waste any precious studying time I pretended not to understand and ran through the old building to the safety of the 3rd floor benches.
The whole school was like totally quiet and empty! It was really weird but thank goodness Anh had just arrived too so I was not alone for long haha. After laughing about the whole fire drill thing, we settled down to study and I thought to myself, 'hm, if there was really a fire we'd both be burnt to death and nobody would even know'. Hahaha, oh well.
Anyway so that was my day! Yes, even fire drills that you don't take part in become exciting when exams are next friday and you have been doing nothing but studying and/or feeling guilty for not studying for the past week.
Oh and one more thing! We played sardines in school yesterday (which is the opposite of hide and seek for those who don't know) just to have a break from studying, and I won! Yay, 3 cheers for Jiayi the sardines champion! Special mentions go out to Prisca and Rowena for finding good hiding places and Shawna, Irenaeus and Anh for being sporting enough to take part if only for awhile :))
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Posted by
Jiayi
at
10:15 PM