This holiday has been a pretty strange one for me.
It's very different from the end of year holidays of the past 3 years.
I wouldn't say the holidays have been uneventful. Surprisingly, I've been able to find something to do almost everyday. Or rather, something to do has found me. I sometimes worry that I will be bored half to death as I am the sort who just CAN'T stay at home for more than 24 hours straight.
Other people can sleep and bum around, but I just get all restless and moody.
I guess there's always plenty to do. Catching up with friends, various camps, going overseas, watching movies, painting murals. But I've learnt that having something to do isn't exactly the same as having something purposeful to do.
Today, I realised with a pang that VBS is ongoing right this moment, and it hit me that I hadn't even thought about it. It hadn't even occurred to me that it was this week. It just feels very weird to forget like that.
Sometimes I wonder how much I have changed in these few months. Am I still the same person, with the same ideals, philosophies and convictions? I would like to think so, but there's always this uncertainty that bugs me and I wonder how things would be if I could go back now.
I don't want to forget, but it hurts to remember.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Posted by
Jiayi
at
3:19 PM