I remember during the 1998 world cup, I was in primary 3 and I woke up in the middle of the night to watch the finals that france won with my dad and brother. I was so proud of myself! And the next day I told everyone, "Last night I woke up at 3am!" and everyone was like woahhhh amazing!
Now it's like you go to school and say "wah very tired last night never sleep leh" and it just seems so NORMAL. People just go "oh, me too." hahahaha. Life has changed!
I have decided that I need to cultivate 2 things in my daily routine. The first is the love for studying and hardwork, and the next is the ability to function with very little sleep! Sounds impossible? I don't think it is eh. Just need to adapt! Survival of the fittest. Natural/artificial selection. haha. Okay too much bio. Anyway back to my point, I really want to train myself to be able to sleep less and still be as productive and alert when I am awake!
Already my normal sleeping time is around 2am, and there are many nights where I end up not sleeping at all or maybe sleeping at 4, 5am. And I don't exactly DIE in school. Sometimes I feel a bit tired and all that, but I was thinking maybe it's just psychological. I mean, if you keep telling yourself "wah so tired. last night never sleep. i NEEEED SLEEEP!" obviously you'd feel sleepy! But I'm going to train my body to rely less on sleep! Woah exciting sia! So I'm not going to allow myself to sleep earlier than 2am every night :) Hopefully I can stay awake in class to, I'll see how it works out!
If really cannot tahan and everyday also sleeping in class then I guess my experiment is unsuccessful. haha. Experimenting exactly how essential sleep is!
It's now 1:15am, and I am wide awake! Time to study :)
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Posted by
Jiayi
at
1:12 AM