Okay time to sweep up all the cobwebs and ressurect my blog! Whoa it sure is dusty. Haha.
Today was a most ordinary day. I had to go to NUS to do my bio experiment, and after that I had tuition, all the way at bishan! It was quite a long journey there by bus. I really like long bus journeys. Especially when I get to sit on a double decker air-conditioned bus that is really empty! Sometimes it's nice to just think about things when you're on your own.
I don't know why, but mid way through the journey, I suddenly thought of this song:
You bought my life with the
Blood that You shed on the cross
When You died for the sins of man
And you let out a cry
Crucified now alive in me
It's called fire fall down by hillsong united, and I think it's such a beautiful song.
Imagine this... supposing one day out of desperation, you decide to cheat for an exam. You try and signal to your friend on the right for help. But oh no! The teacher spots you, just as you catch your friends eye. You are caught. red handed. As the teacher walks up to you, you slip into a state of panic. What do you do??? If you don't get out of this mess, you will be in so much trouble. You might be expelled, your parents are going to be real mad, you're going to flunk this exam.
As the teacher nears your desk, you start to resign to your fate. There's nothing you can do to save yourself. All of the sudden, the friend on your right stands up and approaches the teacher. Your friend says something to your teacher, but you can't hear what he's saying. A frown crosses the teachers face as she takes your friend by the arm and leads him out of the room.
After the exam has ended, you rush out of the exam hall to find your friend, wondering what on earth happened. He's nowhere to be found, but your teacher soon spots you. She comes up to you and says 'You did the right thing by not letting your friend copy your work. He will, of course, have to bear the full punishment of attempting to cheat.'
With that, she walks away, leaving you speechless with shock.
Your friend had paid the price for your wrongful act.
---
When you think about it, I'm sure you can't think of any friend, no matter how close, who would do that for you. But that is exactly what Jesus Christ did when He died for us on the cross 2000 years ago. Only he did not just take the blame for one sin, but he took the blame for the sin of every single man on earth, from the serial murderer to the petty thief.
You think you don't have sin in your life? How about that little white lie you told just last week... or the other day when you lost your temper and scolded your little brother for something he did not do. That's all sin.
He paid the price for all our sins, so that we may be free.
And for that, I am eternally grateful and I will live all my life for Him. How about you?
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Posted by
Jiayi
at
8:09 PM