Sometimes I feel like an internal battle takes place inside of me everyday. These battles are really quite crazy. Not physical of course... mental, emotional and spiritual battles. It's like a raging war in there.
The 'good' side of me tries to pump up faith, to be optimistic and to trust in God. But all the time the 'bad' side attacks relentlessly. It tries to make me emo, comes up with endless complains, whines that it is bored with life. And so good and evil battle it out.
Some days the good side triumphs and I rejoice because I can go about my day with joy in my heart and though the circumstances may be bad I can still smile because I know that there are people worse off than me.
However, just as often the bad side emerges as the victor and the good side slumps away, defeated. And those are the days where unwanted thoughts plague my mind and I think to myself "why me?"
Ideally I'd like the good side to win all the time, but life's just not like that. Life always has its ups and downs. But everyday, whether I win or lose, I put my trust in God knowing that though I may lose a few battles along the way, He has already won the war for me. It's like when you read a fairy tale story. Bad things always happen, but you know in the end everything will turn out just fine.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Posted by
Jiayi
at
10:00 PM