Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Today I explored a new place in Singapore - Kallang Leisure Park! We were trying to decide whether LEISURE was pronounced as LEE-sure or LEH-sure. I was pretty sure it was LEH-sure though. That's the one I used anyway! But after checking the dictionary... the answer is that BOTH are correct! Hooray!

lei·sure [lee-zher, lezh-er]
Courtesy of dictionary.com

Okay, okay, I shall stop giving English lessons since English was my worst subject in IB!

Anyway today we kind of got into a discussion on whether or not we should cane our children to discipline them next time. I was all NO WAY man and I still think I will never hit my children. Scold yes. Punish yes. But I don't believe hitting them is the only way to get them to listen...

But no this post is not about whether or not we should cane our kids in the future. Different people have different methods and I can respect that! Haha. Well to get to the point, I was commenting that my siblings and I were never caned (though our parents threatened to 'buy cane' many times) and we turned out alright. And then someone mentioned that "where got! so rebellious lor! look at you!"

haha! Okay I won't deny that I can be a bit of a rebel sometimes. Of course I won't go all out and break the law/become a gangster or anything. But I guess I don't really have any qualms when it comes to bending rules a little now and then. People always say that I look so 'guai' on the outside and that I'm totally not inside.

Hmm... I guess the reason why I seem to have a little bit of a 'rebellious streak' in me is that I believe in making a stand. I believe in being convicted and uncompromising when it comes to certain things in my life. I don't want to be a tiny boat tossed around in a stormy ocean.

In the famous words of Siddhartha "Many people are like falling leaves, letting the wind blow them in any direction. Few others are like stars, having a clear direction". (or words to that effect. Haha I forget, and I no longer have my book for reference!)

And so I choose to stand, unwavering and unmoving no matter what is thrown at me. And the amazing thing is that I will never be tossed around in a violent storm. I'm glad that I have a solid Rock to stand on and to hold on to.