What a rough day... ended work early, and was really happy that I might be able to catch the train/bus before the peak period but alas, my plans were thwarted by a thunderstorm! All the paths were flooded at newton mrt and all the buses were over crowded so I couldn't get on.. I was stuck there for more than an hour!
So today I took 3.5 hours to get home, just too tired to share the rest of my journey. Haha, but thank God, no work tomorrow! =) Every cloud, even a dark rainy one, has a silver lining. I'm just really happy to have a whole morning free, work really eats your time! But as I always say, it's better to be too busy than too free... an idle mind is a devil's workshop.. ;) I am glad that my life has settled into a sort of routine, the kind of routine that comes with school/church both of which for me have been absent for several months!
It's good to have routines... they aren't boring to me, though it's a routine, every week is still different because I'm blessed with the fellowship of great friends, and I'm even more blessed to have a really big God... that there's always more of Him for me to discover each week!
I'm also really glad that I still get pangs of homesickness, that I still miss my spiritual family so much I can't help but let the emotions overflow sometimes. In my mind I know that all is good and in His plan, but in my heart I can't help what I am feeling. And I'm glad! I would be worried if I didn't feel that homesickness anymore, if I grew so numb, if I forget where I came from...
But that I know, will never happen! The thing about missing something so much, it makes you realise just how much you love that certain thing, how much you treasure it. The more painful it is, the more you know that there's the thing for you, and you will never ever leave it.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Cliche, but so true...
Thursday, April 03, 2008
Posted by
Jiayi
at
9:48 PM