Friday, May 02, 2008

TGIF - Today God is First

So it's friday once again, and I'm amazed as always at how fast the week slips by. It's like you blink and wow! It's the weekend again. And I really like weekends :)

I was just reading some HOGC-ian blogs and they are so inspiring. Reading their words, it's not like many other blogs where people just write for the sake of 'impressing' the people who read them. It's not like other blogs where people come up with profound sounding sentences in an attempt to sound deep.

There's something special about them... the sincerity of their words. It's so pure and you can tell it comes right from their heart. And when I read them, I can't help but smile and be encouraged to press on no matter what. I guess it's what you call the God factor in their blogs.. it's what makes the difference. It's the glory of God shining through each word typed into those posts written after a long day serving God at church.

Of course, everytime I read their blogs my heart cries out that if only I could be there alongside the people I love so much... But God is gracious to have brought me to Emmanuel. Yes, despite everything my dream still remains, and it's not going to be killed so easily. Maybe it has even died before, but in Jesus, what has been dead for ages can be revived... and now it is stronger than ever, and I'm keeping it safe and protected in my heart till the time is right.

If there's one thing I've come to realise, it's that things don't always go the way you think they will. Sometimes it seems like everything is laid out in front of you in a straight road and you can see the whole journey all the way to your destination. But then a storm comes, the path seems to change and you can't see where you're going anymore. The road in front of you is winding and you can't see where it's going to lead you.

You feel lost and confused and you wonder how something that seemed so certain and stable before could change so drastically. You realise that the road ahead isn't a straight road.. but there are bends in the road and sometimes you may think you've lost your way...

But always remember to look up. Remember your dream and your vision... and you'll be able to see that destination on a high mountain top, above all the clouds and above the mist that covers your way there. Yeah, though you may not be able to see where you are going at times.. just look up and you'll be able to see the general direction, and you'll know how to work towards it, how to get closer to it with every step.

The clouds and the mist that confuse you are just little problems along the way, but as long as you remember to keep looking up at the final destination, it's gonna be alright. God will get you there.

I guess sometimes the road ahead changes and the future seems uncertain... but it's okay cause God's in control no matter what happens, and we've just got to have the strength and courage to keep going on, going on through the darkness and the valleys.

though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me - psalm 23