The Start of Another Week...
And so July rolls by and we're moving into August. A strange year 2008 has been, unlike any other year. Possibly because I haven't been schooling for about 9 months already. The days have been long at times, but the months have slipped by so quickly. Have I done everything I've wanted to do within these 9 months? Probably not... but somehow I don't have that sense of regret I thought I would have. Maybe I am just tired of looking back, but right now I am quite happy to look forward.
A monkey sent me "Leaving on a Jet Plane" and it's playing right now. Just listening to it and not really feeling much... This could be quite an emo song if one was going off to another country for a couple of months. But somehow, I just don't feel anything now.
Bel left last Saturday which was sad, and I will miss her very much! So glad that I've had the chance to talk to her more this time round, and I have really enjoyed spending time with her. It seems to me that there's always a certain unspoken bond between people who've gone through similar situations.. I guess it comes from understanding how it feels like. Being forced to put one's dreams on hold for a period of time.. be it because of studying overseas, army, studies, parents... the list goes on, but the feeling's the same.
It's like being in the army, fighting in the war. The soldiers are bonded by their experiences, and some sort of brotherhood is formed between even the most unlikely people. So this is what it means - "Let's do life together". I do believe God gives us a spiritual family for a purpose, so that we can do life together, go through crap together, laugh together, cry together. Let's do life together.But time will slip by, and it will soon be summer again.
The one line I remember the most from FOP on Friday - "Life isn't always fair, but God is always good".
And that works for me.
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Posted by
Jiayi
at
1:35 AM