Saturday, April 15, 2006

It's Easter tomorrow :)

I really love easter. I guess it just always reminds me that there's someone out there who loves me so much that He'd die on the cross for me. Taking my place when it's really I who deserve to die...

I don't know lately I've been thinking about how much my life has changed in the past few years. I remember how in primary school and lower sec I would be so scared about everything and totally insecure. I was this little depressed girl, who often wondered what exactly is my purpose of being in this world. What exactly is my purpose in going through each day trying to fit in with the people around me.

At night I would just lie there and tears would just start to well up in my eyes as I thought about my future. I would think things like, so this is how my life is going to be like? I'm just going to grow old, get a job, retire and die?

And then at the end of 2003... I met the person who held all the answers. Who would be able to comfort me like nobody else can. Who would understand me like nobody else could.

I had heard about this person all my life and I just thought he was some far away person who could do everything in the world but would be much too big and busy to care for such a small person like me.

At the end of 2003 I started to get to know him and my relationship with him developed deeper and deeper. This was someone so real to me, he would be there to wipe away my tears as I cried all alone, he would be there to encourage me when I felt like giving up, he would say to me "I'll be your best friend whom you can turn to no matter what" whenever I felt like I had not a friend in the world.

He gave me some thing to live for, something to die for, a purpose in life.

and His name is Jesus Christ.