The worst of the exams are finally over :) Left math paper 2 on friday. So how have the exams been? Surprisingly not as bad as i thought it would be! Considering I started seriously studying only the night before each paper and ended up sleeping at like 2 - 3am every day for the whole week. The papers weren't too hard I'm sure almost everyone would agree. But of course I won't do well since I didn't study much. aha. Think I can pass everything though!
Anyway I spent the long weekend catching up with old friends whom I haven't spent time with in awhile. Met up with yo on friday... it was really nice having time to talk again! We were supposed to go for LOVE MG but changed our plans last minute and headed for somewhere nicer :))
On saturday night Vicky called me at 9 something and asked me to watch transformers with her at 1am. Haha. Amazingly my dad and her mum both agreed to let us go. :) I stayed over at her place after that... we slept at like 530am+! Had loads of fun and we talked about so many things... I realise that I've known her for almost 8 years already! That's a really long time. And I really treasure friendships like these which are able to last so long and yet stay so strong.
As we were talking that night we were wondering how many people from AC we'll actually keep in contact with once we're done with IB. And we both realised that we could count the number of people in one hand! I guess relationships are quite hard to maintain, especially when you don't see each other often. When I think back, I feel quite sad that I've drifted away from some of my closest friend that I've had.
Well... that's life I guess, and I'm grateful for those rare friendships that last through the test of time and the busyness of life. And more than that, I thank God for the very special bunch of friends that I know will be with me for the rest of my life and eternity. I featured them in a post not long ago ;)
Today was spent playing tennis with two secondary school friends... it was really loads of fun as I haven't exercised in like the longest longest time. It's nice to be in the sun and running around. Somehow, I think sports is one of the best outlets for pent up energy and emotions. Like when you're feeling all suffocated and you're thinking about so many things... it's nice to put all that energy into whacking the tennis ball as hard as you can. And there's something so satisfying about hearing the "pok" sound when you hit the sweet spot using all your might and seeing the ball fly so fast. I guess you could say it's almost therapeutic. :)
So there you go - another way to get rid of emoness!
Monday, July 02, 2007
Posted by
Jiayi
at
9:24 PM