ACIB
Today I woke up early in the morning and went all the way to bukit batok driving centre to register for driving. Mann, arranging theory and driving lessons is so mafan, got so many things to book! I never knew it was so troublesome. And so expensive too. Oh well, at least I will be able to drive in a few months time!
Anyway, after that I went to ac to crash their orientation! Although when I got there at twelve plus everyone said the orientation was quite unexciting, and so we decided to chill in the sac and visit madam reena in the bio lab instead.
My first time going to school since the last day of exams last year! There were so many year 6s, or rather, year 7s there today. Everyone is just too free/in denial. Haha. Anyway, nothing much has changed other then the shelter leading to the bus stop being extended to the ramp and a couple of new stores in the sac. We visited the fish and the cat fish are still as ugly and evil looking as ever.
The first teacher we saw was Mr Chia, he told us our results better be good enough to go to whichever university so that we don't have to come back to ac and be pe teachers and steal his limelight. lol. We saw Mr Chew too who asked us whether we were back for more chemistry lessons and then commented that we were probably back in school to flaunt the fact that we didn't need to go for class anymore. hahaha, quite true.
It was nice to see mdm reena again. She was supervising some of the year 6s doing their bio ee. It felt sooo good to know that I am done with EE forever, and in 2 days time, done with ib too! (hopefully!!) Mdm Reena was like scolding some of the boys cause they couldn't get things done themselves and didn't read up on their own ee projects. Haha, I bet everyone misses the year 7s!
Going back to school today was nice and though many times I resent the 2 years spent in acsib and wish that I had gone to acjc instead, I do have several good memories of acsi. I shall list them here as it's always good to remember the good things!
Things I miss about ACIB:
1. Really fun pe lessons with 6.9, Mr Chia, and several random people from other classes.
2. Lovely campus which though falling apart at places, is great for hanging out and doing nothing on lazy friday afternoons when you know you still have tok/ee/ias to do but you procrastinate because hey, there's still the weekend ahead!
3. Our small but cosy english class with Ms Nimala and Mrs Maria Nathan
4. Playing frisbee, bridge and monopoly in class during 3 hour free periods/sl2 classes
5. Dodgeball in the squash courts. A rather hazardous game especially when you're playing with boys who throw really hard, and you're wearing specs. Still lots of fun though
Hm, while I will never forget the sleepless nights, iocs, math portfolios and various other horrendous experiences in IB, I guess these horrible times are what made the stuff I listed up there so much more enjoyable and precious. :)
All the best for results on Monday!
Friday, January 04, 2008
Posted by
Jiayi
at
10:27 PM