Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I had a dream last week, and I told Irenaeus I would blog about it but I never got down to it..so here it is.

I call it, Exam Trauma.

So I dreamt that we were done with ib, but somehow we were back in school studying for ANOTHER major exam. I can remember so vividly, we were sitting at the 3rd floor benches. There was Irenaeus, Anh, Nana and myself, and we were all doing MATH HL furiously. There was the usual last minute checks and questions and cramming of knowledge, and then we were off to the all-to-familiar exam hall.

As we trooped into the hall, I noticed that nana didn't come in with us, so I asked her why and she just waved and said "all the best"! And then I noticed rowe standing behind her which kind of added to my confusion.

Then as we sat down on our seats I looked up at the white board where they write the subject and time, and to my horror it said "BIOLOGY HL"

YES I WAS STUDYING FOR A MATH EXAM AND IT WAS ACTUALLY A BIO ONE.
(at this point I realise that rowe and nana were outside cause they don't take bio)

Can you imagine my horror. That horrible horrible sinking feeling, the panic that starts to rise. The anguish because you know you could have aced this exam, but too bad, you studied for the wrong subject. The feeling of wastage, that after 2 years of studying a subject you're going to fail it just because of this one mistake. NIGHTMARE I TELL YOU!

At that moment I swung around and Ire was all "I also don't know how we can read the exam schedule until like that". Strangely, Anh and Yongjia didn't say anything and looked like they had known all along it was a bio exam.

Then the examiner told us we had 5 minutes before the exam started, so ire pulled out a bio textbook (from who knows where) and started studying and she was nice enough to share with me, and we tried to cram in the entire syllabus in 5 minutes.

I vividly remember flipping pass the kidney and kreb cycle.

Oh my.....when will we ever be free??