Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm happy with my life.

I think there are many things in life which you can't choose for yourself. Things like what kind of family you're born into, the talents that you have, your physical appearance when you are born, circumstances in life...

Must admit that I frequently wish I could have been born with this and that. Sometimes I wish that my family was different, and sometimes I kinda wish I could be someone else. And then there are times when I look at people from broken families, whose parents are constantly fighting, and I feel that I am incredibly blessed.

But I think the beauty of life is that though you can't really choose much of the circumstances around you...you can choose whether or not you want to be happy. I guess it can be difficult to be optimistic when things can really bad. But for myself I believe in living life to the fullest. I get very frustrated when I look back and wish I had done things differently. And then I resolve not to make the same mistake again...I mean we're practically at the prime of our lives, we are young and healthy and have promising futures ahead. We're approaching the best years of our lives...and I don't want to spend them emoing to myself everyday.

I suppose that's where someone can make a conscious decision to enjoy each day and to be happy with life. Maybe it's best not to focus on things we can't change. Maybe there are a million plus people who are smarter than me, more talented than me, more good looking than me, but really what's the point in feeling upset about something we can't change?

Maybe it's best to focus on things that we CAN change. You can't really change your family to be YOUR ideal family, but next time you can ensure that the family you start can be everything you want it to be...godly..loving...close. I take joy in knowing that I can make a difference... and that everything else, it's in God's hands.

"God's grace is sufficient for me, and His ways are higher than ours. We must submit ourselves to God and embrace whatever He allows to happen. Sometimes there are times of peace, other times struggle and persecution. But both are from the Lord, the mould us into the vessels He wants us to be." - The Heavenly Man